An Exotic Escape to the Secluded Island of St. Lucia


After such a long time of waiting, pondering my imagination to take me to a hidden vacation spot, where I can let go and feast on liberty, escaping from the everyday hassles of life. Working for a top Fortune 500 company means everyday there is a huge problem to solve, another grumpy client to satisfy, your colleagues’ indecision and confusion to rely upon, and so many other unfortunate events that smacks you right in the face.

When the opportunity finally came by, I quickly made plans for an escape that would put me in a whole new world, an environment that would exceed that of my imagination. And no, I was not thinking of Hawaii, Galapagos Islands, or any of the South American regions. The Caribbean islands were now my only answer for a perfect hideaway, a place where I can be in a totally different time, with the warm breeze perfectly wrapped around my body, and only the sounds of nature in the distance.

I meticulously researched all the islands of this amazing territory; however it all boiled down to this one dot of an island located in the Lesser Antilles, approximately 21 miles south of Martinique and 90 miles northwest of Barbados. St. Lucia is a diamond in the rough; its turquoise blue waters are shallow, with black and white sand beaches glittering in the fiery sunsets. This was definitely my dream vacation world.

To make this island more incredible was a local touring company which I also stumbled upon online called Islander St. Lucia. Without any doubts or indecision I decided to make Islander my host vacation planner. They did all the work, booked me into a luxurious five star resort, where I spent 7 nights in the northern part of the island, and another 7 nights in the historical south-western part of the island at a heavenly 4 diamond resort Jade Mountain.

In between my days I did some island touring with Islander as well, luckily at both resorts I made a good amount of friends whom I shared my island exploring drive with, which made my bills fairly reasonable. I went sea exploring, rainforest zip-lining, crossing rivers to get to secluded waterfalls, climbing St. Lucia’s tallest mountain, trekking through fog, and deep green bushes. The Amazonian adventure just kept on and on, but nothing felt better than coming back to my heavenly haven at Jade Mountain, where I had a bold view of the St. Lucia landmark twin cones, the Pitons.

Islander also took care of my airport transfers to and from the international airport, I drove in an air-conditioned mini bus, real Caribbean living, I loved it. For this is what I left, the largest city America for, away from the big buses, polluted air, over-population, and demanding Fortune 500 executives, topped with a six hour flight directly connecting to St. Lucia. This was finally my dream land, my dream vacation; arriving there I was completely surrounded by an exotic aura and Creole culture. This was it.

K. Roxane
Westchester, New York
"source Islander Blog"

0 comments:

Post a Comment